Getting in on the action is not as impossible as it may seem. No matter what your aspirations are, taking small steps and turning them into big opportunities can happen. Whether you are trying to get a promotion or changing careers, small changes can have a huge impact on your ability to move forward faster than you may have anticipated.
Take chances with the skills you already possess. If you feel as though you need some sort of certificate proclaiming your expertise, they are fairly easy to obtain. Be prepared to do research on what it is you want to achieve. Do not share what you are doing with others until you are ready to take the next step. Most times it seems when you want to move ahead other people will try to find a way of talking you out of it. they want to make it sound as though you would be better off staying right where you are. These people are often referred to as naysayers. But I think they are the people who just really fear change themselves.
Once you have acquired or perfected the skills you need to move forward with your plan, do so without hesitation. The worst that can happen is things will remain exactly as they are right now. More than likely you will begin to experience opportunities coming your way. They may be in the form of small offerings at first. Take them. Take everything that others will not take. It will all add up in your resume!
- MARTIN KIDSTON: Naysayers rarely accomplish anything worthwhile (missoulian.com)
- Refuse to be a Frog!! (huntercourse.com)
- Moving More! (exuberantdentist.org)
- Don’t Consider Quitting Without Ever Having Tried (morselsofbread.net)
- 11 Skills Aspiring Startup Employees Should Have (under30ceo.com)
- aspire to change (arouseandaccept.wordpress.com)
- Possible -Next Step New Start (yourselfhelppro.wordpress.com)
- On Strategic Social Change, Part I (fragmentsshored.wordpress.com)
- An Ode To Kerry Washington (refinery29.com)
- On Becoming Viral (pedrostories.wordpress.com)